- DTech: Language Practice (Durban University of Technology)
- MA Stellenbosch University
- BA – Hons (University of Durban-Westville – UKZN)
- BPaed – Artst (University of Durban Westville – UKZN)
- BADegree, (Institution)
- South African Sign Language (SASL)
- Terminology Development
- IsiZulu Language (L1 & L2)
- Makhubu, R.L. 2015. A systematic modelling approach to interpreting service delivery. Advances in communications and media research. Vol. 11. Nova Science publishers. New York: Nova Science Publishers, 57-88.
- Makhubu R.L. 2005. Ngifuna Afe. Wathint’imbokodo, edited by N. Sibiya.27-32. Shutter & Shooter, Pietermaritzburg.
- Makhubu R.L. 2005. Lokho kuhlolwa. Wathint’imbokodo, edited by N.Sibiya. 33-38. Shutter & Shooter, Pietermaritzburg
- Oparinde, K.M., Makhubu, R.L. and Bariki, I. 2017. A Comparative Socio-Semiotic Perspective of Invectives in Two African Languages: IsiZulu and Yoruba. Social Sciences. Vol. 52, No. 1-3.
- Awung, F. and Makhubu, L. A Bourdieusian Analysis of the Status of Indigenous Languages in the South African Translation Space. Hemispheres. Studies on Cultures and Societies. Vol. 31, No. 3
- Mngomezulu, T.N. and Makhubu, R.L. The quality of translation services in rural communities: the case of the Esiwe Municipality. American Journal of Research in Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences. USA: IASIR, Vol 1, 2 and 3 (11), 17-20.
- Adekunle, T.O. Makhubu, R.L. and Ngwane, C.N. 2015. Bilingualism and Creativity: The Linguistic Spectacle of African Literature. Developing Africa through an Analysis of Wole Soyinka’s The Lion and the Jewel. American Journal of Research in Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences. USA: IASIR, Vol 1, 2 and 3 (11), 48-55.
- Mnyandu, N.L. and Makhubu, R.L. Language breakdown in courts and proposed need for proper training of interpreters. American Journal of Research in Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences. USA: IASIR, Vol 1, 2 and 3 (11), 60-63.
- Khumalo, T.R. and Makhubu, R.L. The unseen language communication breakdown impact on the two KwaZulu-Natal based hospitals. International Journal of Engineering, Business and Enterprise Applications. USA: IASIR, Vol 1 (12), 1-7.
- Makhubu, R.L. 2004. Applied intransitive verbs in isiZulu. Trends in African Linguistics, edited by C Githiora, H. Littlefield and V. Manfredi.185-192. Africa World Press, Trenton.
- Makhubu, R.L. & Mngadi, K.S. 2001. The feasibility of equivalence in translation: towards target oriented approach. Arts Research Journal, Faculty of Arts, M.L. Sultan Technikon, Durban, South Africa.
- Makhubu, R.L. & Mngadi, K.S. 2001. Approaching the text from both perspectives: towards a fair treatment of the source and target test. Arts Research Journal, Faculty of Arts, M.L. Sultan Technikon, Durban, South Africa.
- Makhubu, R.L. 2010. Dental Assisting terminology. Booklet produced through the SANTED Multilingualism Project.
Makhubu, R.L. 2005. The Rights of Interpreters versus the Rights of officials of service providers in some of the public places in Durban. Proceedings of the XVII 2005 FIT World Congress. Tampere, Finland. August 2005.
- 2002-2008 KZN Blind & Deaf Society (instrumental in running workshops & training Deaf persons on language skills)
- 2010-2013 Ukhozi FM on an ad hoc basis pertaining isiZulu, hosting of Departmental functions at DUT
- 2013 Facilitation of the workshop on interpreting and South African Sign Language as a request by the KZN Department of Arts & Culture
- 2015 Facilitation of the module on Effective Communication for the Public Participation – eThekwini Municipality Public Participation Training
- 2016 & 2019 Facilitation of the module on Corporate Communication – eThekwini Municipality Public Participation Training
- IsiZulu Language (L1 & L2)
- Linguistics (Morphology, Syntax, Semantics)
|TP Mthembu||Proposal for the provision of South African Sign Language interpreters at the VN Naick School for the Deaf|
|S Nxumalo||Challenges in the implementation of isiZulu terminology|
|N Duma||The impact of Facebook language on academic writing|
|SMI Majola||The need for providing South African Sign Language interpreters at the Msunduzi Municipality|
|NB Khumalo||The impact of insufficient South African Sign Language signs for certain English terms in court interpreting|
|LN Ntshangase||Implications caused by the lack of South African Sign Language medical terms|
|SF Ngcobo||The need for court interpreters to specialize in the field of law|
|A Nyamazana||The people’s perceptions of signed languages as opposed to spoken languages in selected areas in Durban|
|BH Duma||Identifying shortcomings in the translation of selected medical texts|
|N Mzobe||The impact of isiZulu dialects on the process of interpreting|
|M Ngcobo||Is there a need for interpreters to become specialists in a particular field?|
|S Ngidi||Mechanisms of language preservation for the Durban youth who are isiZulu speakers|
|GA Luthuli||The impact of using isiZulu in teaching and learning in higher education institutions: A case at the Durban University of Technology|
|M Chonco||The role of interpreters at the Durban Commission for Conciliation, Mediation and Arbitration|
|Ukucubungula ukusetshenziswa kolimi oluxubile enovelini esihloko sithi Uthando Lungumanqoba||2019|
|Ukuhlaziywa kwamagama olimi lwesiTsotsi ezingomeni zikaBhekumuzi Luthuli ku-albhamu ethi-1818||2019|
|The introduction of South African Sign Language as a mainstream module at the University of KwaZulu-Natal||2018|
|NB Nene||Izingcwaningo mayelana nokufunda nokufundiswa kwesiZulu njengolimi lokuqala olutholwayo ezikoleni zabezinhlanga ezixubile emabangeni aphansi||2017|
|NL Biyela||Investigating accessibility of Further Education and Training colleges to South African Sign Language users in KwaZulu-Natal||2019|
|TR Khumalo||Interpreting services provided during consultations in the medical sector: identifying shortcomings||2015|
|OT Adekunle||A linguistic relativity appraisal of an African drama: The Lion and the Jewel||2015|
|NL Mnyandu||The provision of interpreting services in isiZulu and South African Sign Language in selected courts in KwaZulu-Natal||2016|
|KM Oparinde||A comparative socio-semiotic perspective of invectives in isiZulu and Yoruba languages||2016|
|GT Agbede||Stylistic in advertising: a comparative analysis of selected bank advertisements in South African and Nigerian newspapers and magazines||2016|
|HT Muindi||The influence of television soap operas on Zulu traditional marriages||2016|