- Completed masters studies supervised: 22
- Completed doctoral studies supervised: 3
- Masters studies internally examined: 7
- Doctoral studies internally examined: 10
- Masters studies externally examined: 17
- Doctoral studies externally examined: 13
- 1987. Moduwane (poetry anthology). Van Schaik: Pretoria.
- 1988. Majwe (poetry anthology). Educum: Johannesburg.
- 1992. Fiswana la morena (short story anthology, co-authored with N.S. Litabe). Cape Town: Maskew Miller Longman.
- 1997. Nonyana ya tshepo (novel). Cape Town: Kagiso Publishers. The novel was launched at the Macufe Art Festivals in Bloemfontein in 1997. It was well received. The novel also won the first prize of the 1996/97 FNB/Kagiso Publishers.
- 2002. O titimetse. (Novel). Cape Town: Nasou Via Afrika.
- 2009. Narrating transformative possibilities: the collective voice in the Madonna of Excelsior. Chapter in: David Bell & J.U. Jacobs (eds.). Ways of writing: critical essays on Zakes Mda. Scottsville: University of KwaZulu-Natal Press.
- 2009. Ha ba arabe. Chapter in the short story collection: Ha ba arabe. Cape Town: Maskew Miller Longman.
- 2010. Isichazamazwi Sezinga Eliyisisekelo: isiZulu/ English. Maskew Miller-Longman.
- 2018. Izibi zaseThekwini. Johannesburg: Bhiyoza Publishers.
- UMalusi Member of the Assessment Standards Committee of Council. 2018
Awards and Grants
- 1989. British Council. Short Course in English Language and Teacher Education at University of Leeds, England, from January 1989 to March 1989.
- 1992-93. British Council. M.A. in Applied Linguistics at University of Durham, England.
- 1996/97 FNB/Kagiso Publisher first literary prize of the 1998. Nonyana ya tshepo (novel). Cape Town: Kagiso Publishers.
- 1999. Winner of the African Languages Association of Southern Africa (ALASA) literature prize for the best article published for 1999. Article: African literature in the next millennium. South African Journal of African Languages. Vol. 19 no. 4, pp. 290-301.
- 2004. NRF research grant (for 2004 and 2005) Topic: Socio-cultural issues in the literature of selected indigenous languages of South Africa.
- 2007. NRF Institutional research (for 2007-2008) Topic: Cultural translations.
- 2008-2009. ANFASA Grant Scheme for Authors. The grant was for the writing of the Monolingual Sesotho Dictionary.