- PhD, (2012) Whiteness and the Narration of Self: An Exploration of Whiteness in Post-Apartheid Literary Narratives by South African Journalists, University of the Western Cape
- MA Cum Laude: English Studies, (2006) ‘How do I understand myself in this text-tortured land?’ Identity, Belonging and Textuality in Antjie Krog’s A Change of Tongue, Down to My Last Skin and Body Bereft, University of KwaZulu Natal.
- BA (Hons) Cum Laude: English Studies, (2004) University of KwaZulu Natal.
- BA Summa Cum Laude: English and Psychology, (2003) University of Natal.
- Literary Journalism
- Creative Non-Fiction
- Critical Whiteness Studies
- South African Identities
- Documentary Film
- Literature & Journalism
- Writing and the Media
- Corporate Communication
- Claire Scott (2018) At the fault line: Writing white in South African literary journalism. UKZN Press, Pietermaritzburg.
- Writing and the Media: News Story Writing, Essay Writing, Narrative, Style & Register, Formal and Critical Analysis, Media Ethics
- Media & Cultural Studies in South Africa: South African Media Map, Institutions, Ownership and Control, Media Production and Audience Research, Introductory Media Concepts, Development of Photography, Semiotics, Representation and Culture, Mass Communication Theory, Ideology and Media Imperialism.
- Corporate Communication: Communicating with Key Stakeholders, Social Change Campaigns, Strategic Communication, Health Communication, Political Communication and Project Management. Defining Public Relations, Public Relation Programme Planning, the Scope and Ethics of Public Relations, Writing a Press Release and Multiculturalism.
- Literary Journalism: The New Journalism, 1950’s Drum Magazine, South African Literary Journalism, Documentary Film.
- Melusi Mtungwa (2016) The use of Social Media in alumni engagement at the University of Kwa Zulu- Natal.
- Nonhlanhla Manana (2016) How does UKZN use graduation stories in relation to corporate image and identity?
- Nothando Sibiya (2016) An investigation into the marketing strategies of three KwaZulu-Natal community radio stations.
- Xolile Sibiya (2018) An exploratory case study of UKZN Pietermaritzburg’s corporate communication on how women are represented in the UKZNDABA- Graduation special.
- Siphokazi Shazi (2018) Corporate Communication: How is the value of Diversity communicated through UKZNs Facebook page?
- Nomzamo Madide (2018) An exploratory case study of Pietermaritzburg lecturers’ awareness with of the University of Kwa-Zulu Natal’s Language Policy.