- BMus (Education) (UCT)
- MMus (Performance) (UCT)
- PhD (Musicology) (UKZN)
- HDE (UCT)
- FRCO (Royal College of Organists)
- FTCL (Trinity College, London)
- LRSM (Royal Schools of Music)
- History of Performance and Reception
- Music Sociology
- Music and Religion
- Musical Hermeneutics
- Music Theory
- Music in Culture and History
- “A distinctive politics: Handel becomes historically informed in South Africa” – South African Journal of Musicology, vol. 23: 1-11.
- “Contesting Versions of Handel’s Messiah in South Africa: The Politics of Distinction, Authenticity and Performing Style” in Papers Presented at the Symposium on Ethnomusicology Number 18, edited by Andrew Tracey. Grahamstown: International Library of African Music.
- Review article: “Works for Young People by Peter Louis van Dijk, Sergei Prokoviev and Hans Roosenschoon” – South African Journal of Musicology, vol. 16: 73-77.
Chapters in Books
- Director, Durban Chamber Choir
- Accompanist, Durban Symphonic Choir
- Music theory
- Music in Culture & History
- Andrew Warburton (PhD in Performance)
- Gcina Mavuso (BA Hons)